Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I want my, I want my, I want my gold iPhone...


Does this iPhone make me look skinny? Or perhaps cool? How about important? Sophisticated? Some accuse us of being superficial for ordering the newest gold iPhone. It's just that it's so incredibly pretty; I can't help it – I want one! It won't match my trusty AWD Honda or my casual wardrobe. I don't even wear gold jewelry, but who cares!?

Apple and various phone companies are making us crazy while we wait for supply to catch up to demand with these coveted devices. So crazy that many are buying them on craigslist and ebay for over $1,000. Keep in mind, the gold phone is the same price as the silver and space gray models. The picture above is of a heavily adorned gold iPhone from a company in the UK. You can impress all your friends with this particular model for a mere $6,000. http://goldstriker.co.uk/

I might have to give in and switch my order to the very boring, space gray model. I planned to use the new and improved camera and flash for an upcoming video and photo shoot for a new client. AT&T lied when they told me the lovely gold phone would be in my hands no later than this Thursday. As of this morning, they have added three weeks to that delivery date. Some say AT&T knew the gold phone would not be ready in two or three weeks all along, but continued the deception to lure customers from Apple.

Is it possible to live with a space gray iPhone? Can it possibly be as fun as the gold model? Will my friends with gold iPhones look down on me? Will my social status be at stake? Unless I purchase a sparkly gold case, this could be my fate.