Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Four Hours and Twenty-three Minutes


Four Hours and Twenty-three Minutes. Yep, that's how long I talked to my long, lost roommate from art school last night. He lives in San Francisco now. It's been a couple years since we last spoke and we picked up right where we left off. This is a picture I took of him down at Union Station in Denver in 1990. He was my model for a GAP ad I was designing for a school project.

In our conversation, we covered it all, even the break up of our friendship that lasted for several years, which was only repaired because of the passing of a mutual friend. There's a saying that says, "sometimes we need to eliminate certain people in our life because they become toxic". The good news is things can change, people grow up, they mature and get better and smarter. Well we both got better and smarter, I think, anyway. In any case, my friendship with Bradley Sanders is as strong as it has ever been and whenever I am in a creative mode, I can't help but think of our strong collaboration that brought us to be roommates in the first place at the Colorado Institute of Art. I am very grateful for this bond.